Thank you to everyone who participated in our 2021 Strategic Planning session – this was our first virtual session and was an event with lots of action packed into 2 hours.
We chose our priorities
- Protecting the Environment
- Inspiring Youth
- Supporting Health – Mental, Physical, Emotional
We chose who we want to help
We chose where we want to help
- Sea to Sky Region
- BC Indigenous Community
We chose how we want to select and support projects
- Focus on our big priorities and find a few projects that fit within them
- Use criteria developed by Rotary to help us choose the best projects
- Have a ‘discretionary’ fund to support unexpected requests
We discussed our strengths and what the future could hold for us. Our strengths are – Our Projects, The Rotary Network, Our Members
You can see these priorities and the details of the items discussed here – https://trello.com/b/uIUEsMvf/rotary-where-we-are. This is a reference tool that we can revisit as we carry on our planning.
Questions for You
- Review the financial summary from David S, our treasurer, to get a picture of our fundraising and spending over the past 5 years – want to know more about an item?
- Review the Member Directory, paying close attention to the committees – want to do more? Is everything you do reflected here?
- Do you agree with the priorities? What ideas does this list bring up for you?
What is Next?
Monthly sessions can be scheduled to collaborate and deep-dive into planning. A newly formed planning committee can help to distill the findings from the sessions and set next steps.